Thursday, November 1, 2012

Makeup Events....

Recently I have gone to two different makeup events.
The first was a makeup masterclass with Inglot in Limerick. This was fantastic and I would recommend it to women of all ages. They went through in detail 2 different looks and showed step by step how to achieve each look. The staff were so friendly and helpful - without being sales pushy. They never once forced products on us and went out of their way to show how to use different products as say a lipstick as a blush or vice versa. I will defo go each time they run one of these just to see how the artists create their looks. The next class is on in December so check out their facebook page for details on this. Inglot Limerick
This class costs 30 euro and not only do you get a 3 hour masterclass they also give you back the voucher to spend in store on products. Also anyone that has a makeup or beauty diploma get a discount Pro card, that entitles you to 20% off.
The 2 looks they created, were a day smokey eye and the second look was a dramatic cat eyeliner look. I took at few pictures of the second look - sorry for the quality, just took them on the I-phone :



The next event I went to was the launch of Mac's new Collection - Glamour Daze. This is the new collection out for Christmas. Now while I loveeeeeee MAC and all of their products I have never had such a night of hard selling in my life. They asked us as we walked around what we thought of all the products. If you said you liked the colour of a lipstick or an eyeshadow - and you can imagine the amount of times I said --ohhh that's fab..they handed you the whole pile of products at the till. Then when we politely said no thanks and picked the few bits we wanted the look on the girls faces was comical. They went from smiling helpful assistants to girls pussing within seconds. The collection itself is fab. They never really showed how they applied the finished look but all of the girls had a look on. If you have plenty of mullah these kind of events are good. I bought an eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick and lip gloss. I'll do a review and look using these the next time I get out.




For those of you that don't know Inglot, they are a Polish makeup brand and they have a store in the Crescent in Limerick. Their products are amazing quality at fantastic prices. The only thing I'm not sold on with them are their foundations. I've tried most of them but still find MAC or Estee Lauder way better.

Also for anyone that likes mineral makeup or is interested in using mineral makeup checkout Blossom Ennis
Next Wednesday the 7th they have Lydia from Jane Iredale - THE SKIN CARE MAKEUP in the salon. Lydia is a very well established Make Up Artist and has worked in Bridal Make Up, Films and for RTE. They have some slots available for anyone who would like to have a FREE make over or one to one lesson with her. Their contact number is 065 6822255



Laters...xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment