Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review - La Roche Posay Physiological Micellar Solution

Howdy...
I have been on the hunt for a new cleanser for a while now. The last cleanser I have just used up is the La Roche Posay Physiological Micellar Solution.




Physiological Micellar Solution
A micellar cleanser is a water-like cleanser specifically tailored to sensitive, imperfection-prone skin. It cost me 15.00euro from Cassisy's Pharmacy Ennis which I thought was great until I realised I had the whole thing used up in under 2 weeks. If you're on a budget, using this as a makeup remover, especially if you love slapping on the muck like me, will end up being a very expensive product. I will repurchase this but will keep it only for a morning cleanser or maybe as a quick fix after I come in from a night out.
What I think this would be perfect for is someone suffering from breakouts or Rosacea or even a cleanser to take on holidays if your planning on being sunburned. It doesn't irritate sensitive skin and eyes, isn't drying and this cleanser will leave your feeling clean and refreshed.
I wouldn't recommend this for teenagers and early twenty-somethings, who often prefer a more aggressive cleansing process due to higher oil production, I might suggest using this as a toner--it will sweep away dead skin, but it won't irritate skin, which can often be counter-productive for dealing with oiliness or acne.
 Hope this helps.

2 comments:

  1. Would you say this is more of a makeup remover, toner or cleanser? Right now I use the Effaclar gel cleanser and am afraid it might be too drying for my skin! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,
    Its a bit of all three. If you don't wear alot of makeup this would definetly do as a cleanser, but I went through it so quickly that I liked it as a toner. It's really soft on the skin so can be used on the eyes. Afetr I went through the first bottle in 2 weeks I rebought one and use it for cleansing my face first thing...
    hope this helps...xxx

    ReplyDelete